GHOST, Global Hidden Ocean Satellite Telemetry
GHOST is a new covert data delivery system for subsea mooring applications. This unique product provides the ability to remotely capture data from sub-surface instruments and deliver the data to a host computer from any ocean at any depth and virtually without ever being visible.
Watch Deployment Video Here:
From the great ocean depths to your office PC, GHOST is a game changer for oceanographers
GHOST attaches to the top of a sub-surface mooring’s upper most buoy and travels up and down through the water column. This self-powered automated device transports a satellite antenna to the ocean surface multiple times throughout its pre-defined mission.
GHOST is an adaptable tool for existing moored instrument data collection and alert applications and new applications that have historically failed or never perceived possible.
- Assurance Valuable Data is Not Lost if Instrument Fails Prematurely or Unrecoverable
- Early Project Reporting from Remote
- Sub-Surface Moored ADCPs, CTDs
- Vandalism Solution for Tsunami Detection Systems, GHOST (tsunami) Package
- Marine Mammal Vicinity Alert
- Covert Security Missions
GHOST Includes 2 Primary Components:
- TRANSPORTER (motorized vessel)
- TRANSMITTER BUOY (satellite antenna)
TRANSPORTER is a self-powered buoyant device with intelligent automation electronics for precisely controlling the pay-out and retrieval of jacket-ed wire rope to raise and lower itself through the water column.
TRANSMITTER BUOY connects to Transporter with a fixed length of EM cable. Only the Transmitter Buoy will reach the ocean surface spending just minutes to transmit the data files before returning to its predefined park depth hidden from sight.
This product is patent pending.
- Preprogrammed controller for data collection from multiple moored instruments
- Automated control of motorized vessel for selected mission parameters
- Transmission of instrument data via Iridium Short Burst or RUDICS formats
- Inductive Modem (IM) Link between mooring and Transporter controller
- Jacketed wire rope for both cable payout and IM link to mooring
- 12 month deployment period with twice monthly data transmission typical
- Proprietary automated control strategy
- Unique method of seawater and bio-fouling protection for motorized system